Our philosophy actively encourages school uniform for social, economic and academic reasons. Parental and pupil support has been such that all pupils wear school uniform.
School Uniform for Gairloch High School should consist of:
|School Uniform||Colour||Other Information|
|Skirt or Trousers||Navy or Black|
|Shirt or Blouse||White|
|Cardigan or Pullover||Navy or Black||Plain, one-tone, no hoods or logos|
|School Tie*||Navy/Emerald||Provided by the school|
|Prefects Tie||Navy/White||Provided by the school|
|Footwear||Black||Flat heeled shoes. No trainers.|
|School Sweatshirt||Navy with logo|
|School Fleece||Navy||To be worn outside only|
|Blazer with Badge||Black||Badge available from the school|
|T-Shirt||Navy or White||Or polo shirt with school logo|
|House Polo Shirt||Red, Gold or Blue||With school logo|
* All new pupils will be provided with a School Tie. Replacement school ties can be purchased for £3 from the school office.
We are aware that some of the clothing marketed in some of the large retail stores is not suitable as school uniform in Gairloch High School. Some items of school uniform can be ordered through the school office using the School Uniform Order Form. If in doubt please contact the school office.
- Only ‘school’ sweatshirts are acceptable. No other logo or badge on clothes is accepted
- Black (or any other colour) ‘hoodies’ are not acceptable
- Black denim or jeans are not acceptable
- Pullovers, cardigans, skirts, trousers and shoes that are embellished with sequins and tassels are not acceptable. Nor are belts with large, inappropriate buckles
- Girls tights should be black, navy or flesh coloured
You may be entitled to a grant which will contribute towards the cost of school clothing. For more information, please see the relevant page on the Highland Council website.